Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What I have learned.........

What I have learned in the short 14 weeks of being pregnant is:

* I have learned I can get up to go pee with out even turning on a light or opening my eyes.

* I have learned that sleeping on my stomach is the only way I can get a good nights sleep.

* I have learned that a lot of people (men) blame everything I say or do on my hormones.

* I have learned that I need to think before I speak due to my hormones.

* I have learned that no matter how much I crave boneless wings for BW3 it is really not a good idea to eat them.

* I have learned the meaning of early bed time. (8pm)

* I have learned the difference between gas and baby movement.

* I have learned that no matter how much I scratch my belly it is still going to itch 2 seconds later.

* I have learned that even if I am taking a 5 minute car ride I still need to empty my bladder before I leave.

* I have learned I should not be a pet owner while I am pregnant.

I am sure I will learn more considering I have about 26 more weeks of learning.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm not pregnant and I've got that first one down pat (and the second to last one!) I'm a stomach sleeper too, and when I went through my problems a few months and couldn't sleep on my chest, I was miserable. I hope you can get some good rest even though you're not at your most comfortable.

Rachel said...

I found a body pillow helpful while pregnant. I, too, am a stomach sleeper. For me, laying on my side, with my stomach against the pillow, seemed an acceptable compromise. In a lot of ways, it felt like sleeping on my stomach.