Monday, October 27, 2008

W - Angelina Jolie breastfeeding


OK I could usually care less about celebrities and all their fluff but this picture really caught my eye. Yes is is Angelina Jolie and yes she is breastfeeding her baby as she is doing this photo-shoot. I have to tell you why I love this picture so much. Because:
A) she looks like a real mom..... tired yet happy, sleep deprived yet awake and alert.

B) she did not wait weeks, when all the baby fat is worked off and she is all dolled up with fancy hair and make to have her picture taken. This looks real to me.

C) She is making a statement about breastfeeding. Maybe you all may not see it but I do. There has been a stigma with breastfeeding in America for a while now and she is letting us women know that it is OK to do this wherever we need be.

Now am I a big fan of Angelina, well no not really. Maybe if she does a really good romantic comedy instead of a thriller or an adventure movie I may get into her but I do respect her a great deal for being on the cover of such a great magazine looking like a "real" mother and letting us moms (or moms to be) that it is ok to breastfeed and it is really ok to do it wherever you need to.

Also she made a statement in her interview that is just a great statement and I am sure that a lot of our men feel this way, now we just need to see it this way:
"I’m with a man who’s evolved enough to look at my body and see it as more beautiful, because of the journey it has taken and what it has created,” she says. “He genuinely sees it that way. So I genuinely feel even sexier." Angelina Jolie

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow. I wish I could see it that way. That is a beautiful picture.

Anonymous said...

I was shocked by how many people called this photo "controversial" to me it's beautiful!