Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And So it all begins


I will start off by saying I am 13 weeks and 3 days today, only 185 days to go. LOL We found out that we were pregnant on Tuesday August 26th and let me tell you it was a family affair. It started of that morning with the thought, hmm I should really stop and buy a pregnancy test I am about 5 days late, so I think it is time to find out if I am... Really deep down inside I was very nervous to take one, only because we had taken a ton the months before and all we got was NEGATIVE. It seemed like it just

screamed at me too. So, after thinking that for a few more minutes I decided to get dressed for the day because I was hanging out with one of my good friends that day.

Ken and I decided that we were going to stop trying because my good friend just went through another miscarriage and I just could not stand the fact of me getting pregnant and her just going through what she did so we decided not to try for awhile.

So my good friend comes to the house and then we decide to go to Michael's, as we are looking at ribbons she turns to me and asks, "are you pregnant?" I just looked at her in shock, like why are you asking me this? This is the same friend who had just miscarried btw. All I remember saying to her is, "I dont know but how would you feel if I was?" She said "I would be so happy for you." so she wanted to stop on the way home to get a test and I just told her, "I am not really ready to find out yet so lets just go home. " As we were driving home we are stopped at a stop sign and we see another one of our friends drive right by us, this friends calls me and says "I am on my way to your house with a gift" and I know by then what she had and all of a sudden I got so nervous I did not know what to do with myself. So I pull into my drive way and see proceeds to hand me 2 pregnancy test.. I decided to take them once everyone left.... I went into the bathroom and took one of them and saw that one line came up right away so I just set it on the counter and went on cleaning the kitchen. A few minutes later Went back to check and I was speechless. I gasped for air and Ken and the kids freaked out a little

wondering what was wrong with me. Really I could not speak so Kennedy sees me with the test in my hand and she started jumping up and down saying "mommies pregnant" and Ken looked at me like, is she right..... All I could do was cry. So everyone came around me and just started laughing, crying and hugging me. I am so glad that we found out that way.


The kids are super excited and they both want a girl.

1 comment:

Simple Living Lady said...

So glad i contributed to such happy tears!