Thursday, March 12, 2009

week 33

Week 33 of Pregnancy

Your baby's immune system gets a boost, while her sleepless mommy could use a boost of energy.
With midnight bathroom runs, leg cramps, heartburn, and your basketball-sized belly, it's no wonder sleep is elusive. Third-trimester insomnia strikes about three-quarters of pregnant women (who may also be coping with a mind that races all night long). But your body needs rest, so do your best to get comfy. Grab a pile of pillows, wedge them where you need to, and look on the bright side: Pregnancy insomnia is great training for those sleepless nights to come! Your baby is still gaining weight (about half a pound a week), and she could grow up to another full inch this week. With that much baby inside your uterus, your amniotic fluid level has maxed out, which explains why some of her pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp these days. (There's less fluid to cushion the blows.) Antibodies are being passed from you to your little one as she continues to develop her own fetal immune system, which will come in handy once she's outside the womb and fending off all sorts of germs.

ok so I really have no problem sleeping right now its just I wake up to pee SO MANY TIMES during the night. Which is so funny because I stop drinking anything at like 7 O'clock and I still pee like a river.. I KNOW TMI. But really if I didn't have to wake up to go to the bathroom I would probably sleep thru the night. I do however, wake up when I have to flip on to the other side but I go right back to sleep... I remember this point in my pregnancies with the other 2. I was roaming the halls and in the fridge and watching late night info-mercials at this point in my pregnancy. So thank goodness I am not doing that. I am so much more tired during this pregnancy though. I mean I was with the other 2 pregnancies but I can barely get dressed with out being completely exhausted now... Well less than 7 weeks and it will all be over and the sad part is, I will never go thru this again. :(

No comments: