Sunday, April 5, 2009

Am I nesting?

Ok I really should be doing more relaxing but it is so impossible to right now. I sit and try and relax and I think about something else that needs to be done...
I have had quite a productive weekend, I must say. Yesterday I was able to wake up early and get to the Mom 2 Mom sale before 9 AM. I was pretty disappointed though because it was a little over prices and I really didn't find anything I needed. I was shocked to see people wanting 1.50 -2.50 for just a short sleeve onesie. I was looking for really cute dresses but I guess everyone around here is a fan of gingham... Not that its bad but it is really not my cup of tea....... So, after the sale I had to run to Home Depot to get some paint and cleaning supplies and after that I still did not want to come home.. So I decided to go have some lunch. ALL BY MY SELF... It was great. I then came home to get some cleaning done and then took the kids to the grocery store while Ken patched up the holes in Kennedys walls. That was a fun trip, I mean I had been walking all morning at the sale, then at home depot and now all over the store. So I was not the happiest of person so I figured the only way to cheer up fast would be a chocolate ice cream cone from DQ, and what do ya know, I felt a whole lot better.. So we got home and I was able to finish laundry before the big game last night.

So this morning I woke up in pretty rough shape, so I am thinking I should take it easy.... rest and try and get a little nap in. Well, I couldn't. I started cleaning out drawers and dressers and such and then came down stairs and realized that the shelves in my china cabinet are dirty and the whole things needed to be dusted, so after taking ALL of the china and stem ware out, i took the shelves out and cleaned those and then had to take the glass fronts out because those were dirty as well. I figured since I was dusting the china cabinet I might as well do the rest of the house. So I dusted all of down stairs, all while waddling around. I am sure it was a great site. So I went upstairs to get some rest and decided to re arrange my bedroom AGAIN..... to make room for the bassinet and all of the baby stuff that will be in the room this week. Not like I really had to "make room" I mean our bedroom is huge but it did need to get a bit a a face lift.. So now it is 2 pm and I am exhausted but looking at all of the stuff that has to be finished. So off to get a quick bite to eat (Ken made yummy BBQ beef sandwiches) and back to work... The baby's room is getting painted today so look for pics.

1 comment:

~The Harrison Family~ said...

I've started to nest this week also! There's so much to do it seems! Can't wait to see pictures of her room all painted :)