Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lots of firsts

with this pregnancy. It is so funny but everyone I talk to says its because I am in my 30's now so everything is going to be so different. At first I really didn't believe them but I must say I am a believer now. Now this maybe TMI for some of you so I apologize in advance. One thing that just happened was, the baby kicked my bladder and I peed my pants..... (I am pretty embarrassed but had to share) I was trying to wait it out since I have been peeing every 5 minutes (or so it seems) and I thought if I wait a little longer I would be OK, well I think that my bulging bladder was getting in my little peanuts way... I tell ya, it was a very weird feeling but I have learned my lesson, go to the bathroom as soon as you have the urge.

Also, the other night I had heartburn for the first time too... I know, I know two kids already how did I not have heartburn with them??? I really don't know how I managed to go heartburn free, but I am so glad I did. I tell you what, I was miserable. I didn't get it until I laid down to fall asleep, and let me tell you I was exhausted, but I was awake for a long time with it and was not a happy person.. I do think that it caused my throat to be sore which I am still dealing with that today.

I have also been so much more hormonal with this pregnancy. I mean so hormonal that I will cry for absolutely the stupidest thing. I am not just talking a little tear here and there I am talking, a full out sob fest. There is one day that I just laid in bed and cried.... and cried..... and cried. When I was pregnant with my other two children I would sit there and almost brag that my pregnancies were so good. All of those crazy things that everyone else was going through in their pregnancies.......... Well I laughed at and said thank you Jesus its not me. Well guess what, it is me this time...

I, however, am embracing every part of this pregnancy. I would not change a single thing and I thank God that I am carrying this baby and I thank God for this miracle every single day. So a lot of this stuff I have learned to just laugh at, well with the exception of the bloody nose last night. That is another first. I have had a lot of nose bleeds with this one. I even have a humidifier upstairs and downstairs and I have still been getting them. Last night it took a while for it to stop but it finally did 20 minutes later.... So didn't laugh too much about that one, but all of these things I am not complaining about one bit, I am just so thankful that I get to experience them because I know in 14 more weeks it will not just be for nothing.

1 comment:

~The Harrison Family~ said...

Girl I hope things go well with all the remodeling. I can't stand things not being in order either so just keep asking God for patience! I got multiple nose bleeds when I was pregnant with Ethan....like kinda scary ones....but haven't had any this time around. Funny how pregnancies are different. Praying for you guys, cannot wait to hear the news tomorrow!! Although I already know it's a little girl :)